christmas 2008 i bought everyone “willies world class cacao” i think thats the year he started his chocolate factory, based in devon. this stuff is pretty addictive as i remember buying quite lot for myself at the time and cooking up chocolate truffles which are pretty amazing. so i rediscovered the chocolate the other day and saw that he now has a cool quirky lil website and loads of new cacao flavours and there are also recipies, i am currently enjoying the Nicaraguan Black Waslala Superior. there pretty easy to bake up and dont take long… all you need is like a block of Waslala, sugar,cream, coco powder and i have added a small part of amaretto . you just put it all together heat it up, freeze it for a while then roll it into lil balls and in coco powder… they taste pretty amazing so i reckon they are good for you.
recipe > Makes about 40 truffles
- 250ml double cream
- 150g caster sugar
- 180g cacao, finely grated
- Cocoa powder, for dusting (such as Green & Blacks)
- Heat the cream and sugar in a small pan until almost boiling.
- Stir in the cacao, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer the truffle mixture to a plastic container. Cover and place in the refrigerator until cold and firm.
- To shape the truffles, scoop a teaspoon of the mixture and roll quickly between your palms. Dust the truffles in cocoa powder and store in the fridge until ready to serve.